|Fritz Haller - Switzerland|
Fritz Haller (23.10.1924 - 15.10.2012) was a Swiss architect and designer, known as one of the founders of the so-called School of Solothurn.
Alongside with Franz Füeg, Max Schlup, Alfons Barth and Hans Zaugg he was considered as one of the most important representatives of the School of Solothurn.
After an apprenticeship as a carpenter in the years 1941-1943 Fritz Haller worked as an employee of various architects in Switzerland until 1948,
and then as an employee at van Tijen en Maaskant in Rotterdam. The following year he began his career as an independent architect in Solothurn,
until 1962, he worked together with his father Bruno Haller. From 1966-1971 Fritz Haller was a temporarily freelancer at the Research Institute of Konrad Wachsmann
at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. The doctrine of Konrad Wachsmann had great influence on the architectural understanding of Fritz Haller.
From 1977 to the early 1990s, he was a full professor at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Karlsruhe, where he headed the
"Institute of Architectural Design - Building Construction and Design", which from 1990 on was called the "Institute of Industrial Projects".
In collaboration with Paul Schärer Fritz Haller designed the tubular steel furniture system USM Haller in 1963. This System is sold worldwide and is still used
to furnish various companies and offices. The main focus of the designer and architect Fritz Haller is to be found in the constant adaptability, expandability and changeability
of his systems, which he basically designed as modular systems. Like the highly-flexible expandable and convertible tubular steel furniter,
Fritz Haller also designed three building construction kits for three differen categories of buildings. These building kits were used also by other architects.
Alone in Switzerland, Fritz Haller designed and realized well over 100 schools, administrative buildings, factories, banks, office buildings and residential buildings.
1962 - 1964 Cantonal School - Baden
1964 - 1968 Polytechnic Campus - Brugg-Windisch