Bétrix & Consolascio - Switzerland

The architectural office Bétrix & Consolascio was founded in 1978 by the architects Marie-Claude Bétrix (born June 3, 1953 in Neuchâtel) and
Eraldo Consolascio (born January 24, 1948 in Locarno), and is headquartered in Zurich.
Marie-Claude Bétrix studied architecture until 1978 at the ETH Zurich, in 1984 she became a member of the building committee of the city of Neuchâtel
and in 1992 she was appointed member of the design board the city of Salzburg. Marie-Claude Bétrix had teaching assignments at the Southern California Institute of Architecture,
at the Engineering School Biel and at the University of Darmstadt.
Eraldo Consolascio first studied mathematics at the ETH Zurich and then went on to study Architecture. After receiving his diploma, he was assistant professor at the ETH Zurich.
In addition, he collaborated with Aldo Rossi and Max Bosshard an
a study of the rural architecture in Ticino.
From 1988 - 1990 Eraldo Consolascio was a guest lecturer for architectural design at ETH Zurich and since 2006 he is member of the building council of city of Zurich.
Since its inception in 1978, the office of Marie-Claude Bétrix and Eraldo Consolascio has developed its own architectural signature.
First buildings were erected in the canton of Ticino in the early 1980s. With the constructions and renovations for energy supply in Salzburg (1985-2003),
the office then dealt with the urban significance of industrial buildings.
Several architectural competitions and publications of the realized buildings are the base for their reputation as significant architects in Switzerland.
Buildings as the Letzigrund stadion, the Herti sports hall or the Olma exhibition hall are the most famous constructions by Bétrix & Consolascio in Switzerland.

1997 - 2001  Sports Hall Herti - Zug
1998 - 2001  Media Centre, Cantonal School - Küsnacht
2001 - 2003  Pfizer Office Building - Zürich