Asnago Vender - Italy
Residential Building
Piazza Sant`Ambrogio 14, Milano
1948


Soon after the second world war, the architects Mario Asnago and Claudio Vender designed and built this building on Piazza Sant'Ambrogio 14.
The building is in immediat neighbourhood to another famous building of the Milan architectural scene - on one side it borders to the Caccia Dominion House,
which was constructed in the same period. The five-story building is unobtrousively integrated into the street front. It has a fašade clad in natural stone.
Large windows are arranged in a constant rhythm on the street elevation. This grid is interrupted by the entrance and technical installation. Between the first
and the second floor is running a cornice along the whole width of the building. The top floor is recessed behind the the fašade, resulting in a balcony below the roof.