|Franz Joseph Ruf - Germany|
Franz Josef Ruf (09.03.1908 - 29.07.1982) was a German architect and designer, who had a decisive influence on the German post-war architecture. Sep Ruf studied architecture from 1926 to 1931 at the Technical University of Munich, and graduated under German Bestelmeyer and Adolf Abe. He then worked as a freelance architect in Munich, the first two years in partnership with his brother Franz Ruf. In his effort to remain independent, he designed only residential buildings as long as he could, and did not take part in commissions for state buildings. He was not a member of the NSDAP. He was called to military service during the war, fighting on the Russian front.
Sep Ruf became known for his buildings of simple, light and elegant appearance, and was considered a mediater for an architecture in Germany based on modern international models. His most famous buildings include the Academy of Fine Arts, Nuremberg, the New Maxburg in Munich, the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nuremberg and the BHF Bank skyscraper. Moreover, Sep Ruf in 1947 participated in the Interbau in hansaviertel, and designed two residential buildings. In collaboration with Egon Eiermann, Sep Ruf created the German Pavilion at the World Expo 58 in Brussels, which received wolrdwide recognition. Another building worth to be mentioned is the chancellor's bungalow for the Chancellor Ludwig Erhard. This building served as a residential and reception building for the Chancellor.
1962 - 1965 BHF-Bank High-Rise Building - Frankfurt